Vertical Machining is also known as milling. It relies on rotary cutters to remove metal from a part. This usually occurs on a vertical machining center (VMC), or Vertical Milling Machine. A VMC has a spindle with a vertical orientation. With a vertically oriented spindle, tools orientate down from the tool holder and cut across the top of a part. Confluent Medical Technologies utilizes a top-of-the-line VMC, a Hurco VMX84i. This adds to our milling and CNC machining capabilities.
Hurco Machining Center Productivity Options
- Coolant Through the Spindle (CTS).
- Thermal Stabilization Package
- Part Probing
- Renishaw Tool Probing
Benefits of machining programs using reference comparison (part probe and machine probe)
- Match probe length and tool length to overcome tool tip error.
- Match axis coordinates to overcome squareness error.
- Match materials and machine to overcome thermal error